Sunday, December 29, 2013

New Year's resolutions... How long do they last?

A new year is dawning! It's time to make our New Year's Resolutions for 2014. Some strong minded individuals out there, you know who you are, will make and keep their resolutions, come hell or high water. That's how disciplined you are and I congratulate you on being such awesome human beings. You are my heroes! 

But let's be realistic. For the rest of us imperfect mortals, most of our good intentions will have fallen by the wayside by the time February rolls around. I am not being a pessimist but rather a realist. How many times have I tried to quit smoking? I've lost count! Yet I'm still merrily puffing away, although now I alternate between real cigarettes and electronic ones, so I have made a teeny weeny bit of progress. 

Just when we think we are ready to commit to something we know is good for us, life gets in the way and we get distracted or we procrastinate. There is so much to do every day, so many decisions to make… so many excuses that keep us from achieving our goals or fulfilling our dreams.

I have thought long and hard about what I want to do in 2014 and I have decided that it's time to break the cycle. This coming year I am going to: 

  • Smoke only e-cigarettes – my lungs will certainly thank me
  • Exercise more – I really need to get off my butt
  • Eat healthy and regularly – need to eat more veggies!
  • Promote and sell my new offline product – Non toxic Humidity/Odor absorbent sachets
  • Make my SFI business work for me – continue studying and applying what I learn 


By the end of 2014, I plan to be healthier, slimmer and richer. So what will it take to keep me on track? Willpower, self-discipline and a daily mantra: I know I can! I know I can! I know I can!

I'd love to hear about your New Year's Resolutions, so drop me a line. Let's see if we can keep each other on the right track… at least past February, lol!

Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment